Followers

About Me

My photo
Perth, Perthshire, United Kingdom
Welcome to my little corner of the World! I live in Perthshire Scotland with my wonderful husband Eric. We have a daughter, Corinne who is married to Rob and lives in New Zealand, with their boys Harrison and twins Hadley and Dylan. Marie who has a wee boy Jackson, and Greg and his wife Kim, their wee girl Freya, even smaller baby boy Freddie and dog Buddy. I am happy when I am in my craft room, and I love making cards for Charity and also for commissions. I love scrapbooking, and I get my inspiration from my Grandchildren. They are the subjects in most of my Scrapbooking layouts. I have just started to do Mixed Media work, and I am loving it!! I have just started a craft group at our local Church centre, aptly called Saints and Scissors Club! If you can't find me, I will be in my craft room, buried under tons of stash lol!

Wednesday 4 April 2012

What on earth?

What on earth is happening with the weather?  One day glorious sunshine and 21 degrees, the next snowing and temperature down to 3 degrees!!  Absolute madness!  We had a new conservatory built and I am so glad they appeared last week to do it and not this week, or snow would have stopped play!!  I am really pleased with the conservatory and it is such a big improvement on the last one which was falling to bits with rotten wood and cloudy windows!  Still need to get tiles for the floor, decorate and get furniture and blinds though, so not finished  yet.

I uploaded this card to Let's Scrap last week, and have not had a chance to get it onto my blog as I was busy making coffee for my 2 workmen!! LOL   I used the sketch below.

 I used my favourite wee friend, Magnolia Tilda and coloured her with my promarkers.  This is one of the new images and I think she is so sweet cuddling her teddy. The flowers are from Orchid Crafts and the leaves were cut with my Cuttlebug and a Spellbinders die.  the border was cut using a Martha Stewart die and the centre doily is by Marianne Creatables.  Lastly, the paper was free from a magazine and the butterfly was from my stash.  It is actually a joy fold card, but it doesn't show up too well in the photo.  A joy fold means it is a card within a card so to speak!

 I based this layout on a sketch on Scrap 365 magazine website.  I don't usually do layouts with empty space, but I really like the way this turned out.  The photo shows  Jackson's wee hand next to his Uncle Greg's thumb.  I thought it was so cute and will be interesting in years to come to compare the size of his hand again!  The papers I used were from Creative Imaginations, the title is K & Co., and the thread is from Bazzill.  The flowers and brad were from my stash.

Well, I must go and finish Greg's card for his birthday tomorrow.  I have a busy day, as I am visiting my Big Brother and his wife to meet up with my niece and her husband.  They had a wee baby girl a few weeks before Jackson was born and this is the first time we have been able to get together for a photo session.  Watch this space for proof of the visit!!  Thanks for having a wee look at my blog!

No comments: