Followers

About Me

My photo
Perth, Perthshire, United Kingdom
Welcome to my little corner of the World! I live in Perthshire Scotland with my wonderful husband Eric. We have a daughter, Corinne who is married to Rob and lives in New Zealand, with their boys Harrison and twins Hadley and Dylan. Marie who has a wee boy Jackson, and Greg and his wife Kim, their wee girl Freya, even smaller baby boy Freddie and dog Buddy. I am happy when I am in my craft room, and I love making cards for Charity and also for commissions. I love scrapbooking, and I get my inspiration from my Grandchildren. They are the subjects in most of my Scrapbooking layouts. I have just started to do Mixed Media work, and I am loving it!! I have just started a craft group at our local Church centre, aptly called Saints and Scissors Club! If you can't find me, I will be in my craft room, buried under tons of stash lol!

Sunday 16 October 2011

Where does the time go?  I keep asking myself!!  I should have put this post on here on Wednesday and it is now Sunday!!!  This is the sketch for Let's Scrap and I have chosen photos from our trip to New Zealand earlier this year.
!
We went away for a few days and stayed near Mount Manganui which is on the coast. We set off early one morning, (7 a.m. to be precise) on a trip to swim with Dolphins.  it was a cold, bleak day and to begin with we were pretty miserable and cold.  We sailed for hours and hours without seeing any dolphins and we were beginning to think we would not see any at all.  We did see flying fish and a massive shoal of fish which were right on the surface of the sea and they were flapping about all the time.  We were still sitting on the boat and I said to Corinne, shut your eyes and count to 3 and the dolphins will appear.  She did it and lo and behold, 2 minutes later, the Dolphins appeared! We had such a laugh about that!!   There were about 40 of them in the school and it was brilliant to watch them.  We got to go to the back of the boat and into the water, where we held onto a rail and the dolphins swam beside and underneath us.  I couldn't do it for very long as it hurt my shoulders, but Eric managed longer than me and Rob and Corinne did it twice and they loved it!! It was an amazing experience, but very hard trying to get a photo of the dolphins as they were so fast!!  It was an experience I will never forget and another thing off my bucket list!!
Now for the very late swimming update!!  I swam on Thursday and Friday last week, and did 80 lengths each time.  This is the first time I have done this two days in a row, so I have really been feeling the muscles in my legs and my bum!!!  (Hopefully I will tone them up a bit! LOL!!)  I have raised £170 so far through sponsorship which I am really pleased about.  This is the week I do it for real, so wish me luck!!  I'll let you know how I get on!!  Oh one other thing - Marie and Willie are having a wee boy!!!  Yet another Grandson for us!  Will never get the chance to knit up the pink wool I have!! LOL!!!  All is well and we are really happy about it!  Now the task of picking a name for the wee one - watch this space!!!

No comments: